SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR FOLLOWING
WHEN: THURSDAY, APRIL 12TH
On Thursday, March 8th Green Bay Early Childhood Center (GBECC) hosted their monthly Parent Meeting where two sessions were available for families; first session from 1:30-2:30 PM and second session from 5:00 -6:00 PM. Dr. Chinni Chilamkurti presented the topic: Taking Care of Yourself and Making the Most of Your Time. A total of 21 families enjoyed the presentation and were able to create their own DIY Body Coffee Scrub to take home for an instant self-care treatment.
Below are highlights from the presentation with regard to managing stress and suggestions on self-care.
What is Self-Care?
- Simply, it’s care for you, by you
- Recognizing and addressing your own needs
- Nurturing yourself
- Caring for and treating yourself as kindly as you treat others
- Here are some tips on how to take care of yourself:
Having a well-balanced diet
Planned leisure time
- Consequences of not engaging in self-care:
- Don’t forget to stop and refuel your tank, even the best cars need to stop and refuel
- You cannot do much if you are on “empty”
- A recent study showed that moms work on an average of 98 hours a week. An average mom gets only 17 minutes of free time to herself each day.
- Stress can affect you physically, mentally, emotionally and behavioral.
- Being the best parent you can be means:
You have to learn to manage your stress effectively
Taking care of yourself